Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
A candidate has been identified for this position.
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is seeking BA students, concentrating in finance, for a summer internship in the Investments organization. Interns will have the opportunity to work on interesting and challenging projects that make immediate impacts to the team and the larger enterprise. You will benefit from meaningful exposure to senior leaders, on-the-job training and development, as well as a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity and ambition. Interns are hired for positions within: Portfolio Management, Asset Origination, Structuring and Trading, Research, Real Estate & Agricultural Investments, and Investment Operations depending upon current project opportunities.
* The undergraduate internship strives to develop well-rounded investment professionals with an understanding of all facets of the business and a specific drive towards a particular specialty.
* The goal of the program is to expose analysts to a variety of roles within the company in preparation for a potential permanent position in one of the main areas of focus.
* Over the course of (3 month to 4 month) rotations, analysts will work closely with portfolio managers and senior members of the research and trading groups to obtain a working knowledge of and take an active role in the investment process.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* A strong interest in the financial markets and investment background
* A well-rounded academic and extra curricular background
* The ability to work independently and as a member of a team
* Relevant fixed income analysis experience
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we re leading the global transformation of an industry we ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 105919
Associated topics: buy, capital, commodities, equity, financial, ira, invest, nasdaq, securities broker, s p