Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife's Middle Market Private Capital unit manages a direct investment portfolio of private debt investments including mezzanine notes, second lien loans, senior loans, and equity co-investments which support private equity leveraged buyouts, refinancing, recapitalizations, and acquisition finance opportunities. The unit targets investment opportunities across a broad range of industries including healthcare, industrials, consumer products, software, and business services. The unit also selectively invests in private debt funds. The unit is seeking an Associate to aid in the origination, due diligence, credit underwriting, execution, and portfolio monitoring of private debt investments.
* Evaluate new transactions and investment opportunities, attend management presentations, review deal terms, and credit agreements
* Participate in all phases of due diligence including business and quantitative analysis, management presentations, and industry & competitive research
* Develop an understanding of the private debt market including pricing and structure, competitive landscape, deal sourcing, and diligence requirements
* Develop detailed financial models and sensitivity analyses to assess performance scenarios and capital structure alternatives
* Prepare written investment committee memorandum and presentations
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* 2-3 years of experience - leverage finance and/or transactional experience preferred
* Strong analytical/quantitative, credit, accounting and financial statement analysis skills
* Ability to construct financial models
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
* A self-starter with a strong work ethic and resourcefulness
* Bachelor s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we re leading the global transformation of an industry we ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 106202
Associated topics: bond, broker, capital, dow jones, equity, fund, market, nasdaq, purchase, risk