We are actively seeking a Market Research Analyst, Sales Strategy for our client, a major pharmaceutical and nutritional products manufacturing company, located in Whippany, NJ.
Pay rate: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour - W-2 basis, no C2C or 1099's
Duration: 5 month contract position, extendable
The Market Research Analyst, Sales Strategy provides insights and actionable recommendations for inclusion in customer strategies and tactics by analyzing and evaluating factors that affect the 4 sales controllables (Distribution, Pricing, Shelving, and Promotion), in order to achieve sales objectives and maximize performance of specific brands/categories at retail. This role provides analytical insight into decision-making processes, adding perspective and value to business planning in order to create a win-win strategy for the retailer and the brand.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assists in the development of annual national, channel or customer specific trade plans by brand/category, focusing on the client's brand business goals and customer requirements
* Mines all data sources including consumer/shopper insights and syndicated data to provide insights and recommendations that help in the development of the four sales controllables: Promotional ? Pricing - Distribution - Shelving
* Collaborates with Field Sales and internal teams
* Conducts competitive analysis and category/brand reviews to identify distribution, pricing, and promotional gaps and providing actionable account recommendations based on findings and able to present to retailer
* Provides input on opportunities to improve profit and gross sales volume based on analysis of base and promotional pricing, promotional events, spending, forecasting, sell-through and volume
* Assists in the development of new item selling presentations
* Provides analysis to identify key distribution, pricing and placement opportunities that can grow the business
* Reviews sales performance, insights data, key initiatives, and new item launches with the customer to ensure robust plans are in place and being executed
* Provides key learnings to the customer and tracks results against the annual joint business plan; may get strategically involved with Category Management initiatives
* Performs ad hoc analysis as requested by the customer or the client's selling team
Educational Requirement and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Business /Math/ Economics
* Advanced business analytics
* Must have IRI and/or Nielsen Analytics knowledge
* Shopper Insight knowledge
* Strong Microsoft Office Skills ? PowerPoint, Excel, Word
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Apply below or send your resume to MJ Slaughter at ...@ctg.com. Please reference job 19203924 in the subject line.
CTG's Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.