Are you looking to make a difference in another person's life? The team at Bethesda all move toward the same goal of helping those with intellectual or developmental disabilities achieve a better life. Come join us as a Direct Support Professional, where everyone has a chance to grow and help others do the same! We continually seek people with giving hearts, patient minds and creative spirits to join Team Bethesda.
Why Work Here?
Opportunity to help those with developmental disabilities live life to the fullest!
If you are looking for PT or FT work as a Caregiver, look no further than Bethesda Lutheran Communities!
What we offer you:
- $1000.00 Incremental Signing Bonus
- A fulfilling opportunity to get paid to help others!
- Benefits package (for those working 30 hours a week) that includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off
- Company-paid life insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- 403(b) retirement plans with up to 3% match
What you'll be doing:
- Providing support to people by assisting in the development and implementation of all support plans
- Providing interaction and choices for activities that support a meaningful day
- Assisting people with daily needs and helping them achieve personal goals/desires as well as independence in activities of daily living
- Assisting with information gathering for Personal Outcome Measures, and other assessments
- Assisting people with maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly home by following safety and infection control procedures
- Documenting and reporting routine and unusual events in a concise, understandable, and legible manner
- Assisting people with fiscal management while safeguarding their funds. This may include completing ledgers, reconciling accounts and assisting people with spending choice
What we want to see from you:
- High school graduate or equivalent and be 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record in last 3 years
- Must be willing to undergo a background check and drug test as defined by regulations and policies
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, bend and lift objects and/or persons daily.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours at a time.
- Must possess good verbal, reading, and written communication in English; basic math skills; and basic computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to successfully complete and apply training.
- Must be certified to be free of communicable diseases by a physician (post-employment physical).
- Flexibility with respect to hours of work and changing conditions.
What would make you stand out:
- Previous experience with people with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities
- Work history with applicable, relatable experience
- CPR / First Aid certifications
About Bethesda Lutheran Communities:
We here at Bethesda truly want to make an impact in the lives of those we care for. At Bethesda, we realize our mission to enhance the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, by helping make their house into a home. We connect the people we support with their communities, enabling them to experience the world in new and exciting ways. We are always looking for people who have a caring heart, a passion for helping others and a desire to build a fulfilling career where they will change lives. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to make one-of-a-kind connections with others--from the people we support and their families, to fellow staff, volunteers and members of the community. You are helping make a difference. Together, we can all live our best lives.JB.0.00.LN