Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Executive Director, Market Access Contracting
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Executive Director, Market Access Contracting, are to:
* Plan the annual payer and Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) bid cycle, prioritizes RFPs and bids, and responds to frequent ad hoc business franchise and customer requests;
* Drive development of analysis of deal alternatives that maximize net revenue, working with Channel Contract Directors and account executives, in consultation with Legal, Government Pricing, and Controlling;
* Drive presentation and consensus building around contracting strategies and deals, securing stakeholder buy-in and deal approval through Contracting and Pricing Subcommittee (CPS) and the U.S. Executive Pricing Committee (EPC) committees, and manage those committees' operations;
* Run contract development in all channels (in consultation with Legal, Government Pricing, Controlling, and other stakeholders);
* Develop analysis and assumptions as inputs to annual brand budgeting and forecasting, as well as long term global strategic planning for all brands and pipeline products;
* Support Channel Contract Directors in developing channel contracting strategies and participates in development of overall market access strategy;
* Lead and develop three teams responsible for Contract Analysis, IUS Contracting, and Contract Generation;
* Secure Market Access through profitable contracts with key customers, which is essential to the success of all Bayer brands;
* The customers covered by this position touch 100% of the US pharma business;
* Create and oversee an efficient, compliant, documented, auditable contracting process, from RFP through execution;
* Partner with Account Management and Channel Contracting Directors to optimize revenue, access, and patient services through channel contracting.
This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
* Bachelor's Degree;
* At least 12 years' experience in a leadership role within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry including the following U.S. experience:
* Pharmaceutical contracting (analysis, negotiation, generation);
* In-depth knowledge of key U.S. channel customers (payers/PBMs, Specialty Pharmacy (SP), Specialty Distributors (SD), Group Purchasing Organization (GPO), trade, Integrated Delivery Network (IDN), government);
* Demonstrated leadership in recruiting, managing, developing, and motivating a high-performing team;
* Experience leading cross functional teams, with or without direct authority;
* Project management skills with the ability to get things done in a matrix environment;
* Excellent communication skills, oral/written presentation skills, executive presence, and interpersonal skills to foster collaboration;
* Strong MS Excel skills including financial modeling and the ability to succinctly and clearly communicate recommendations to the leadership team;
* Integrating disparate Market Access stakeholder sources of data to inform contract analytics;
* Understanding of government pricing, including AMP, best price, 340b, ASP, and their interdependencies across government and commercial customers;
* Knowledge and experience across several therapeutic areas.
* M.B.A. or other advanced degree;
* Experience in oncology, rare diseases, neurology, or women's healthcare.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the \"Passion to Innovate\" and the \"Power to Change\", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Career Level Student Entry Level Professional