Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Audience & Ad Marketplace Analytics Lead
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Audience & Ad Marketplace Analytics Lead will play a central role in making improvements to Consumer Health digital marketing effectiveness and cost structure, which are essential drivers of future profitable growth. This role will help lead a two year transition focusing on building upon the digital media cost efficiency gains made in 2018 and expanding to operational efficiency/effectiveness by bringing bidding, segmentation and channel allocation analysis in house. This role will help build a broader organizational capability in Programmatic and Social ad buying, developing training and education to inform and guide the Bayer Internal Media teams, Brand Managers and executive leadership. The Audience & Ad Marketplace Analytics Lead will ensure that strategic objectives are understood and translated into optimal programmatic/social buying activities, including full accountability of channel allocation and performance management across Brands. This role will define and scope the analysis, processes and technical infrastructure needed to minimize the ramp up of and maximize the data-driven insights impact from subsequent Audience & Ad Marketplace Analytics Lead hires by DS&P. The analysis performed by the Audience & Ad Marketplace Analytics Lead will provide the data-driven insights required for Traders to implement profitable growth generating innovative best practices and creatively designed/managed campaigns from the ground up.
Areas of Responsibility:
Operationalization: Continually streamline, standardize, document & automate programmatic / social ad inventory, auction bidding dynamics, and audience segmentation and audience valuation analysis.
Advise: Serve as ongoing source of forecasting support and daily digital activation optimization opportunities for media traders across brands and channels, as well as specifically for individual campaigns.
Optimization: Continuously identify and expand upon daily and weekly data based optimization tactics that can be executed portfolio-wide by Bayer traders to generate YoY ROI/ROAS growth from digital media investment.
Innovate: Establish internal processes for and lead prioritizing, vetting and testing of a pipeline of data analysis that is capable of identifying opportunities for more efficient/effective activation, including segmentation, targeting and bidding.
Recruiting: Continually develop network of and attract top tier talent for a candidate pipeline for the biddable team, which will provide a competitive advantage within the health OTC industry.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Audience & Ad Marketplace Analytics Lead, are to:
* Attain and maintain comprehensive understanding of campaign, ad server, impression, and user data that can help capitalize on key drivers of performance and identify opportunities for growth;
* Analyze and build audiences within DMP environments;
* Continuously identify applications and websites that can be added to Bayer's whitelist to ensure maintenance and growth of the ad inventory supply Bayer traders have access to, which is essential to ensuring stability and improvement of media cost structures;
* Analyze ad marketplace and campaign data to identify campaign optimization and channel budget allocation opportunities;
* Inform data strategy with continuous assessment and valuation of 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data sources and segments;
* Collaboratively build bottoms up digital media budget allocations across programmatic and social channels;
* Continuously update models that calculate value of audience segments for each portfolio brand as additional types of data and historical data become available;
* Continuously calculate and report on the size of the most valuable audience segments on each programmatic and social channel for each portfolio brand.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
* 4+ years' experience at major digital platform, ad tech start up or brand;
* Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in statistics, computer science or related field;
* Experience with audience segmentation analysis;
* Advanced knowledge of media ad marketplace auction and bidding dynamics;
* Experience with targeting tactics, including site retargeting, lookalike modeling and search retargeting, with an understanding of how to leverage them to achieve business goals;
* Track record of promotions and increasing responsibility at a company;
* Clear communicator able to support POVs with solid rationale;
* Proven ability to analyze data from multiple sources and generate actionable insights;
* Strong ability to problem-solve, and to use data to develop/confirm answers;
* Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills;
* Proven ability to work quickly and decisively to meet deadlines and troubleshoot;
* Strong project management skills; detail-oriented and able to coordinate multiple projects;
* Proactive self-starter and able to work in collaborative, matrixed, dynamic and fast-paced environments;
* Proven ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams;
* Ambition to grow with the company and take on more responsibility;
* Hands-on experience with data visualization tools;
* SQL query experience;
* Proficient with Excel.
* Proficiency in Google ad technology stack;
* Metamarkets proficiency;
* App user acquisition or ecommerce marketing experience;
* Experience managing media buying margin for an ad tech company;
* Strong ad tech professional network and track record for recruiting / building teams.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the \"Passion to Innovate\" and the \"Power to Change\", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Career Level Student Entry Level Professional